Wednesday 18 April 2007

His Sky

The Jolly beggars were: Phil Britton (guitar, lead vocals), Chris Gray (guitar, piano, bass guitar, vocals), Nic Koeck (bass guitar, piano, drums, vocals), Matt Clark (drums).
Lyrics were often written together.

His Sky.

The grass is green; I don't know why;
Just in my place under the southern sky.
The flowers bloom as my teardrops dry;
Here in my place under the southern sky.

A butterfly grooves, and the birds oblige;
They're in their place under the southern sky.
A dancing breeze; Its rhythmic sigh;
Those melting clouds up in the southern sky.

The warmth of love; in His will I hide.
I'm in my place under His southern sky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

phil this is your sister and i love you SO much
have a wonderful day
we should get to know each other more
yay you're going to be a dad soon!
love love
jen

Philip Britton said...

Thanks Jen. Nice to be loved.