Friday 8 June 2007

A Craving

I crave...
something...
what ?
I can taste it, feel it on in my mouth.
But can I name it ?

Fruit... no, too healthy.
Doughnuts... no, too sweet.
A coffee... no, to arty.
cake, pizza, pie, curry...
Frantically I scan, as saliva oozes through the mucosa of my mouth.

Then... a revelation, an inspiration, more salivation.
Hot Chips!!!
They're hot, they're chips...
The combination was irresistable.

And where better to find this kingly fare than...
Earlwood chicken shop!

That first chip, hot, salty, what's more chicken salty.
Ahhhhhh.
A blessing!
The taste, the feel, the vibe.
Thankyou God for the humble $1:50 hot chips.

3 comments:

poetpete said...

Ha! ... good one, Phill.
Enjoyed it --

made me smile
made me salivate
made me envious (dang)
made me look for
the potato chips...
Smith's classical... hmmmm
best taken with football.

Philip Britton said...

chips and football.
mmmm...
I would suggest a cold beverage aswell.

Jill said...

Last night I had a great dream. I was at the old Croydon Cafe and Wolfgang made me the perfect winter breakfast: Porridge with honey and an exquisite latte.

No prizes for guessing what I felt like for breakfast today when I woke up.