Thursday 23 August 2007

Phews 16: Tue, 31 Jul 2001.

WHAT A MESS:
I led church on Sunday night. The sermon was from Ezekiel 33 talking about our responsibility to warn the lost. I closed the service with Philippians 2:14-16a. When I got home, on quite a high after the joy of worship with God's people, I was confronted by this headline in the Sunday paper, '70 girls attacked by rape gangs'. With horror I read about the violent attacks on these young girls. The words of Philippians rang in my head, "...a crooked and depraved generation..."
In an instant I stood face to face with the ugliness of our world. I realised again how much I hate what this place has become, I hate man and his sin. I felt nauseas knowing that the ugliness before me was less about what was outside as about what lay within. I cried for those girls and their families, I cried for those evil boys, and I cried for me. May God come quickly and consume our unrighteousness... come make me anew.

1 comment:

Laura T said...

I don't think we cry enough, we choose blindness instead, and change the channel.