Tuesday 13 March 2007

wines worth trying

the fruits of the vine are one of the great pleasures of life (at least my life, that is...)
I hope to recommend, on a monthly basis, one particular wine you might like to partake of.

For this months tasting, I have selected:
Riverby Estate, Marlborough, NZ.
2006 - Sauvignon Blanc.

As you may well know New Zealand is famous for sauv. blanc, and this wine is a great example. Passionfruit and melon flavours with just the right acidity to give this drop that freshness required.
Great with asian foods, fresh seafood or salads with a vinaigrette dressing.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Simon (aka: 'Jacko') said...

I would certainly agree that the fruits of the vine are one of life's great pleasures BUT - for me - fruits grown on the land to our East (NZ) just don't crank my handle!

They tell me NZ Sav Blanc is possibly the best - I am not convinced.

I like a good crisp Adelaide Hills Sav Blanc - perhaps Nepenthe or Bridgewater Mill. The Bridgewater Mill 2006 Sav Blanc is a dream! A little expensive - $24 at the cellar door but worth every cent! On the dry side of fruity, crisp, clean after taste - great with a salad, lazy lunch or with a chicken pasta.

Give it a go!