Monday 3 August 2009

Top Five - Kid's party foods

My son Joel had a combined 2nd birthday party today. It got me thinking... how much I loved party food as a kid. Here's my top five;

1. Fairy bread - who's idea was this stuff? Calling it fairy bread was pure genius. All kid's love the idea of a bit of magic.

2. Jelly - We had it at home sometimes, but it was always better at a party. Wibble wobble, wibble wobble, jelly on a plate.

3. Frankfurts - What is really in these things? I probably don't want to know, but dipped in sauce they tasted sensational.

4. Sausage rolls - What is really in these things? I probably don't want to know. Just add sauce (Is there a theme here?). Party size of course.

5. Cake - It was all in the design (cricket bats, footballs, guitars, tigers...) and the icing... oh so sweet!

No comments: