Monday 7 January 2008

Top Five - swimming experiences

I love to swim. Pools, lakes, rivers, ocean... all can be spectacular in there own way. Over the last few weeks I've had the opportunity to dive deep into cool water several times.
It got me thinking... what are my most memorable swimming experiences.

1. Coffs Harbour, Baombee Beach, April 2006. Clear blue/green water; clean 2 foot swell; long body surf rides onto the sand; solitary; peaceful.
2. Thailand, Krabi, January 2002. Brilliant sunny, hot day; Clear, shallow water; towering limestone mountains; joking around with a good mate.
3. Dorrigo, Dangar Falls, January 1999. Icy cold, clear water; sitting beneath the falls on slimy, mossy rocks; activity for our beach mission group.
4. Malaysia, Perhentian Islands, August 2006. Swimming over a shallow coral reef; diving down to swim within metres of green sea turtles; a great holiday with my wife.
5. Forster, 1 mile beach, January 1995. Outstanding 2-3 metre waves; awesome power; body surfing across the face; a great swim with dad.

2 comments:

Simon (aka: 'Jacko') said...

G'day Phil!!!

Nice top five!!!

I was thinking one of the best swims I've had was at Forster, 1-mile beach, with yourself, Al and Adele. Remember when the dolphins joined us? Those amazing graceful animals launching out of the front of the waves then swimming by us so close! That was sensational!!

Gotta get myself to the beach!

Jacko

Anonymous said...

Ah yes. That was a great swim.

erro.